Tuesday, 2024-04-16, 9:46 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Farhan Khalid
Main | Yahoo oneSEARCH S60V3 **UPDATED** - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mobile shop » Java Application+s60 V.3 » Yahoo oneSEARCH S60V3 **UPDATED**
Yahoo oneSEARCH S60V3 **UPDATED**
farhan411
Group: Administrators
Title: Admin

Awards: 1Loading awards ...
Date:
Sunday,
2009-05-03,
0:08 AM

Message # 1
Yahoo oneSEARCH S60V3 **UPDATED**
Yahoo has released a native Symbian application which puts a shortcut to its oneSearchservice on the Idle screen of your phone (N70, N95, N73, 6120, and E65). The stand out feature is Search Assist that suggests terms and phrases as you go and aims to save you time and provide related concepts for more refined results.

oneSearch Shortcut is accessed by pressing the pencil key on the idle screen. Entering a few letters will ten activate the Search Assist features. In the screenshot below you can see I've started to enter 'bb' and the software has started suggesting various BBC services (exactly what I was looking for).

Search Assist is particularly beneficial on a mobile device where text entry speed is somewhat restricted. In my tests I was impressed by its intelligence. It may not get it right 100% of the time, but it will save you a lot of time.

The local search elements of oneSearch can also be used through the shortcut application. In the example below the Search Assist function impressively suggest search terms that would give very precise result for some local pubs. I continued with the term I entered, 'pub, uckfield', and you can see the result included listings, with phone numbers, of several local pubs.

Features Include:
* Voice search in select countries (Canada, India, Philippines, Singapore, UK, US)
* 1-click access to search
* Search Assist

Available for users only

This user has not applied a signature yet.
HTML code to this post
BB-code to this post
Direct link to this post
Forum » Mobile shop » Java Application+s60 V.3 » Yahoo oneSEARCH S60V3 **UPDATED**
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024

Hosted by uCoz